Did Prophet Muhammad Appoint Ali as the First Khalifa: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPLFcx0gTLd/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
- The Shia Muslims are a sect within Islam that have had little to no success in their tabligh efforts for many reasons, a part from their beliefs. One reason is their lack of proof for any argument they make. Two arguments often brought up by the Shias are firstly that the Holy Prophet(Saw) appointed Hadhrat Ali(ra) as the first Khalifa which is completely false and also that Hadhrat Ali (ra) in reality did not like the first three khulafa.
Firstly, the Holy Prophet(saw) did not ever appoint Hadhrat Ali(ra) as the first khalifa after him. In fact, this point is proven by Hadhrat Ali(ra) himself! Did he not know that he was appointed as the first Khalifa by the Holy Prophet(saw)? If he truly was, he would have surely known about it and the Prophet(saw) would have told him. Hadhrat Ali(ra) had no idea about it, as it never happened. How then can the Shias of today claim this occurred without any proof?
If Hadhrat Ali(ra) did know about this, then why did he do baiat of Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra)? This would mean Hadhrat Ali(ra) himself is not even worthy of being a Khalifa as he falsely did baiat of the worst person God forbid, as the Shias claim (In reality Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) was the greatest companion). It is against the character of Hadhrat Ali(ra) to ever do such a thing. He was the bravest man under the Holy Prophet(saw). Its even said that the greatest point of danger in any battle, was the one which had the Holy Prophet(saw) present and second to that, where Hadhrat Ali(ra) was present! Would such a great man ever become careless in guarding his status which the Prophet (saw) gave him from Guidance of Allah ? Clearly it never occurred. Hadhrat Ali(ra) himself did baiat of Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) and was completely obedient to him. They secondly claim that Hadhrat Ali(ra) hated Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra). Would someone ever do baiat of a person he hates? Especially someone as brave as Hadhrat Ali(ra)? If Hadhrat Ali(ra) did this, it would mean he lead millions astray, which is a point the Shias can never answer. Furthermore, would any of you name your children after Satan? Of course not! We always try to give our children names of people we respect.
- Then I ask the Shias why did Hadhrat Ali(ra) name his children after Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra), Hadhrat Umar(ra) (twice), and Hadhrat Usman(ra)? Can any Shia Muslim provide an answer? Qiyamah will come yet they will not be able to. May Allah guide them into accepting the true Imam Mahdi whom they sadly still await. Many more posts through Shia viewpoints if time permits. Reason I avoid it, is they don’t do tabligh anyways.
The Trick of Extremist Shia Clerics: https://www.instagram.com/p/Beqg6OlngX2/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
Recently, there has been a Shia Imam who has received a lot of attention from both Ahmadi Muslims and Sunni Muslims. The problem with the extremist Shia Imams is that they lure people into following them and spreading their tweets about love, peace and unity, and once they get a following from other sects, they begin to mock the sahaba. The Shia Imams mock and curse the sahaba of the Holy Prophet (saw), and have a lot of hate for the sahaba whom we love
I saw a Shia Imam recently do the same. He spread a lot of “love” on twitter, but now all of a sudden accuses Hadhrat Umar(ra) one of the greatest companions, of GOD FORBID killing Hadhrat Fatima(ra). Firstly, majority of Shias reject this, but many still believe this. It is a narration which is not even found in authentic shia narrations nor sunni narrations. It is completely fabricated. –
They say that Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) told the sahaba to go to Hadhrat Ali(ra) house to force him into doing baiat and Fatima(ra) was at the door and the sahaba attacked the house while she was pregnant and she fell and lost her baby and died six months later.This is the main story to incite hatred. Its a complete lie. Even moderate Shia clerics reject it. They say its not in any authentic narration, its only in their extreme hateful books.These narrations are only in their extreme books and the shia clerics often reject it.
How can Ali be dragged by chains and then accept a false khalifa? He is supposed to be the most brave man . This story humiliates him. Why didn’t ali lose his life for the truth?
Hadhur(aba) has made it clear that such people should be invited to our events, however before this, it should be made clear that we do not support their views against the sahaba nor will we ever support them as we truly believe and accept the righteous companions of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) whom Allah Himself declared truthful in the Qur’an. Be careful with what you spread. I often see many spread the works of maulvis as well who mock Promised Messiah(as).
The Incident of the Pen and Paper: https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYAsl6hW0o/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
- One of the most popular allegations of the Shia Muslims is the allegation of the Hadith of al-Qirtas, which is known as the incident of the pen and paper. It is narrated n Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
When Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) was on his death-bed and in the house there were some people among whom was `Umar bin Al-Khattab, the Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Come, let me write for you a statement after which you will not go astray.” `Umar said, “The Prophet (ﷺ) is seriously ill and you have the Qur’an; so the Book of Allah is enough for us.” The people present in the house differed and quarrelled. Some said “Go near so that the Prophet (ﷺ) may write for you a statement after which you will not go astray,” while the others said as `Umar said. When they caused a hue and cry before the Prophet, Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said, “Go away!” Narrated ‘Ubaidullah: Ibn `Abbas used to say, “It was very unfortunate that Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) was prevented from writing that statement for them because of their disagreement and noise.” –
They often raise this to mock Hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra) and Hadhrat Umar(ra), since the Shia Muslims reject the sahaba and go to the extent of mocking them as well. This is one of their main allegations and I will now answer it. Firstly, we need to understand their allegation. They claim that the Prophet Muhammad (sa) was planning to write that Hadhrat Ali(ra) would be the first Khalifa after me. They say Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) and Umar(ra) knew this, and therefore stopped the Prophet(saw) from writing. All I can say is “To Allah We Belong and to Him we Shall Return”. It is quite sad that they mock the sahaba with such a false allegation and we should really pray for them. Let us now turn to the answer.
I will answer it step by step. The Holy Prophet(saw) did not name anyone when asking for the pen and paper. Hadhrat Ali(ra) was also included and if anyone is guilty then he is as well. In fact, Hadhrat Ali(ra) was the pen man of Holy Prophet(saw) so the allegation would be raised on him over anyone else.
- ahmadianswersThe Holy Prophet(saw) said Leave me, and that there should be no arguing in his presence. This shows us that the Prophet(sa) was not even upset at the fact that no one brought the pen and paper. Rather he was upset at the fact that the people were arguing.
The Holy Prophet(saw) remained alive for four more days after this incident. Why did he not get this written later on? He could have told the companions during those days. The fact that he had not gotten upset nor told the companions anything about this shows that he was in agreement with Umar(ra) that the Qur’an and sunnah are enough. In fact, many ahadith say that the Prophet(sa) said I leave you with two important things, the Qur’an and the sunnah.
The next point is that Allah States in the Qur’an:
يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنْزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِنْ رَبِّكَ ۖ وَإِنْ لَمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ
O Messenger! convey to the people what has been revealed to thee from thy Lord; and if thou do it not, thou hast not conveyed His Message at all. And Allah will protect thee from men. Surely, Allah guides not the disbelieving people.(Chapter 5 Verse 68)
- ahmadianswersAccording to Allah, if the Prophet(saw) even left one message out and did not deliver it, it would be as if he delivered nothing of the message. If it was truly from God that Hadhrat Ali(ra) should be the first Khalifa, then the Prophet(saw) would have said it. Some Shias may say that the Holy Prophet(saw) God Forbid got scared that he may be attacked. This is extremely silly. Allah Promised the Prophet(sa) to protect him from all people. Secondly, the sahaba were most beloved to him and loved him more than anything. –
The Qur’an itself States that Allah explains this to you lest you go astray, which further prove the Prophet(saw) was going to mention the Qur’an.
The Holy Prophet(saw) was coming back from the final pilgrimage two months before his death and told the people that I leave to things, follow the Qur’an and my true followers. There are many other versions of this hadith as well and all state the Qur’an, sunnah and the family of the Prophet.
Why did Hadhrat Ali(ra) not bring a paper and pen when the Prophet (saw) asked? This shows Hadhrat Ali(ra) realized that Umar(ra) was correct as well. Therefore this allegation is baseless. The Holy Prophet(sa) was not even going to mention Hadhrat Ali(ra). These are only speculations that have no proof or truth to them.
Ahmadiyya Viewpoint on the 12 Shia Imams: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl3E-Danh6f/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
Many ask what the Ahmadiyya viewpoint of the 12 Shia Imams are. As for the 12th imam, Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad(rh) explained:
” Last but not least, the Ahmadis do not believe in an absent Imam who is believed to be alive and in hiding for the last hundreds of years. The Ahmadis believe that most probably that Imam came to a mysterious end, but because of the exigencies of the time it was not considered expedient by the Shia leadership to make it known to the public. For a while, he might have gone into hiding, but like all human beings he was called back by the Almighty. Therefore, waiting for the same Imam to reappear is like waiting for something which can never happen.” (With Love to Muslims page 39)
As for the rest of the imams, Ahmadiyya respects all of the major salaf scholars whether they were the first 12 century mujadids or the imams of the Shias. We respect their wisdom and accept all of their sayings which are in line with the Qur’an and ahadith. Hadhrat Ahmad(as) in regards to the Shia Imams said in Izala Auham, that the 12 Imams of the Shia were all “sahibay kashf va ilham” meaning they got kashf and revelation and that they were the physical progeny of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) and also the spiritual progeny. And in reality, if their pure teachings were followed, we could bring about a revolution. Sadly, many have went far away from the teachings of the early scholars. The Shia books themselves proof the truth of Hadhrat Ahmad(as) and mention the plague prophecy and also the eclipses prophecy, both fulfilled in Hadhrat Ahmad(as).
Hadhrat Aisha(ra) the Mother of the Believers: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkji37xhIpy/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
- The general view of Shia Muslims is that they dislike the majority of the sahaba and in fact many of the Shia scholars even curse them. They say that God forbid Hadhrat Aisha(ra) who is the mother of believers, was not a true Muslim and hated the Prophet (saw) and his family. They go to the extent of saying that Hadhrat Aisha(ra) God forbid poisoned the Prophet Muhammad (saw). These are all fabrications and Hadhrat Aisha(ra) was one of the best believers and one of the greatest women. Apart from being the wife of the Prophet Muhammad (saw), she was also the daughter of the first Khalifa, Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) who was known as the Truthful. As Ahmadi Muslims we love and respect all of the sahaba of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) and are far from this belief of the Shias.
Once the Prophet Muhammad (saw) was asked who was most beloved to him and he replied that it was Aisha(ra). In fact, the Shias tend to hate all sahaba who accepted the khulafa.
أَىُّ النَّاسِ أَحَبُّ إِلَيْكَ قَالَ ” عَائِشَةُ ”
Hadhrat Aisha(ra) was not only a role model for women but for men as well. In fact, it is said that half of Islam has come from her because of how much she has narrated to us. She had amazing memory and was extremely pious. She was such a strong believer and had a lot of knowledge in regards to the Qur’an. The Prophet (saw) also married her after a direct command from Allah the Almighty through a dream.
It is narrated:
Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) said (to me), “You were shown to me in a dream. An angel brought you to me, wrapped in a piece of silken cloth, and said to me, ‘This is your wife.’ I removed the piece of cloth from your face, and there you were. I said to myself. ‘If it is from Allah, then it will surely be.’ ” (Bukhari #5125)
- Many of us would know about Waqiya Ifk which took place. In fact, this incident has The Testimony of Allah in regards to the beautiful character of Hadhrat Aisha(ra). No one can deny this since its in the Qur’an. Shia scholars testify to it as well. You can read about this beautiful incident on page 433 of Seal of Prophets Volume 2. Hadhrat Aisha(ra) was accused of immoral actions in the same way Hadhrat Maryam(as) was and Allah Himself Defended her and revealed verses in Surah Nur defending her piety and that she was indeed a believer and all those who accuse her are indeed liars. –
Hadhrat Aisha(ra) always remained with the Prophet(saw) and in fact he passed away right next to her. As Ahmadi Muslims we have to love the sahaba and not take any mockery against them. However, we defend them with arguments rather than with violence. –
- It is true that there was a war called Battle of Jamal which occurred after the death of the Prophet Muhammad (saw). When Hadhrat Ali(ra) was chosen as the Khalifa, many Muslim companions were asking him to punish the ones who killed Hadhrat Usman(ra). However, Hadhrat Ali(ra) said that his main task right now was to restore the law and order in the state and after that he would be able to do justice to those who committed the horrible act. However, many companions disagreed and Hadhrat Aisha(ra) was also among them. Hadhrat Ali(ra) tried his best to avoid bloodshed and many hypocrites caused the war to begin as they were mixed into both armies of Hadhrat Aisha(ra) and Hadhrat Ali(ra) and began to fight each other which made it seem as if the companions wanted to fight. The forces of Hadhrat Aisha(ra) were defeated but Hadhrat Ali(ra) still respected her and loved her and both had apologized. In fact, Hadhrat Aisha(ra) regretted this all her life. Shias hate Aisha(ra) because of this, but forget that Hadhrat Ali(ra) and Allah loved her despite this, so why should they try and hate her? We can read about this battle more in the history of Islam but all we need to remember is that both Hadhrat Ali(ra) and Hadhrat Aisha(ra) loved each other regardless and regretted the battle.
May Allah Guide all Shia Muslims to the true Islam and May Allah Create love for the companions in their hearts.
- Ghadeer Khumm: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnR5A0AH2qF/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
- This answer will focus on a famous allegation of Shia Muslims against our beloved Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) and the other khulafa who succeeded the Prophet Muhammad (saw). They claim that Hadhrat Muhammad (sa) appointed Hadhrat Ali(ra) as the first Khalifa. There is no truth to this.
The Shia scholars tend to quote a event called “Ghadeer-e-Khumm” which is often celebrated by Shia Muslims as Eid-e-Ghadeer. Firstly, no companion ever celebrated this. Hadhrat Ali(ra) himself did not celebrate such a eid. It is a clear innovation.
The Arabic which is attributed to the Prophet Muhammad (saw) is as follows:
من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه، اللهم وال من والاه وعاد من عاداه “O Allah, take as friends those who take him as a friend, and take as enemies those who take him as an enemy.’ (Tirmidhi). Note : Imam Tirmidhi has himself declared this hadith to be one which has an incomplete chain as one narrator did not have good memory
Now this narration is not given by Imam Bukhari or Imam Muslim. If this statement was really said in front of 124,000 people, we would have had many chains and authentic ahadith with this statement. Secondly the word maula has twenty seven different meanings in the Arabic language. The narration can only and should only be analysed through its context. If we accept this narration, it means friend. The words right after prove this as well. To translate maula as master would be mocking the Prophet Muhammad (sa) since Ali (ra) was not his master.
- ahmadianswersThe Shia Muslims claim that this announcement was made in front of 124,000 companions. The question arises that if Hadhrat Muhammad (sa) really meant that Hadhrat Ali(ra) would be the Khalifa after him, why did not a single person mention this narration? Why did Hadhrat Ali(ra) not tell Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) that he was supposed to be the Khalifa? He was one of the bravest companions and would never keep such an important thing inside his heart!
Now why did the Prophet Muhammad (sa) use these words for Hadhrat Ali(ra)? Hadhrat Ali(ra) was being insulted by others on numerous occasions. Hadhrat Muhammad (sa) made it clear that no one should insult him and that he is my beloved. . Narrations tell us that the Prophet (sa) dispatched 300 men to Yemen and Hadhrat Ali(ra) was the leader. They were successful but the gains from the expedition caused dispute. There are other occasions where he was insulted as well.There is no need to go into detail. All Ahmadi Muslims love Hadhrat Ali(ra) dearly. –
When Hadhrat Ali(ra) joined the bayah of Hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra) he made it clear that he knows the superiority of Hadhrat Abu Bakr(ra) and knows what status Allah has given him and that he is not jealous. He only said that he previously thought that he should have been consulted and that he had a right in this because of his close relationship with the prophet Muhammad (saw). Hadhrat Ali(ra) was hesitant to do baiat in the start, whether he took a few days or months, that is debatable. However, he did end up accepting Hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra) as the Khalifa and asked for forgiveness to Allah. Hadhrat Ali(ra) was not forced to do bayah. Allah States that true believers turn away from the ignorant yet some Shias go to the extent of saying that Hadhrat Ali(ra) did this out of fear. He was extremely brave and would never do such.
- ahmadianswersHadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad(rh) beautifully explained:
“Yes, he (Ali(ra) was in doubt about it. This is why he did it(refrain from baiat at first). For a few months or a few days, it is debatable how long he desist from doing that. But once Allah made it clear to him that he (Abu Bakr) was the rightful caliph, he accepted. That act of accepting him as caliph after he had made it known that I am hesitant, that also showed the greatness of Hadhrat Ali(ra). He did not mind his respect, self respect to be injured in the eyes of the others by changing that decision and he ultimately accepted. So there are so many things in the history of Islam which we are not very sure. There are two schools telling us different stories. Some stories come from Shiites and some from the Sunnites and 1300 years have passed since and lot of enmity is witnessed in various periods of history between these two factions. So the traditions relating to these differences are unreliable and I should not rely too much on the traditions put forward by either of the two sections. The fact of history which remains unaltered in this is that Allah ultimately chose Hadhrat Ali(Ra) to be the fourth caliph. If he had acted wrongly in any manner, he could have never been chosen as the fourth successor of Rasulullah (saw). So that absolves him of any expression which these traditions may have thrown upon him which reach us. They might be true or they might be false. But one fact remains clear and unbeatable, and that is that in Allah’s Eyes he had not done anything wrong consciously. By mistake there is no harm he might have done something.”(Question and Answer Session, 5/13/1984)
10th of Muharram- Tragedy of Karbala: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXMModHWMJ/?taken-by=ahmadianswers
- One of the most tragic and heart trembling events in the history of Islam is the martyrdom of the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad (sa), our beloved Imam Hussain (ra). Every Muslim has sympathy and compassion regarding this event. Shia community expresses this in their own way every year during the month of Muharram. In our view they take it to the level of transgression, but it is their way.
As Ahmadi Muslims, we are true followers of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa) and love the ahlul baiat, meaning his family. Once Hadhrat Ahmad(as) was resting on his charpai, while his children played in the garden, unaware of the status of their father. It was the first third of Muharram and Hadhrat Ahmad(as) called his children Hadhrat Nawab Mubaraka Begum (ra) and Hadhrat Mirza Mubarak Ahmad (ra). He (as) narrated the story of Hadhrat Imam Hussain (ra) and as he began narrating the story, he became really emotional. With tears flowing from his blessed face, he spoke of how the grandchild of Hadhrat Muhammad (sa) was martyred in Karbala and how the ahl-e-bait were deprived of food and water before the massacre took place on the 10th of Muharram. Hadhrat Ahmad(as) ended the story and said that Yazid the wicked carried out this injustice on the grandchild of the Prophet (sa) but God rapidly brought his wrath upon them (Sirat-e-Tayyiba, Love for the Holy Prophet (sa) narration no.9 Pages 31-32)
Hadhrat Hussain(ra) along with his family and a few associates were martyred at Karbala. This was a continuation from the martyrdom of Hadhrat Usman (ra). When taqwa decreases and people only worry about the world and personal gains, then violence is committed and people are murdered in the name of God. Allah States in the Qur’an: ‘And whoso kills a believer intentionally, his reward shall be Hell wherein he shall abide. And Allah will be wroth with him and will curse him and will prepare for him a great punishment.’ (4:94) On the other hand, God states about those innocents against whom cruelty is perpetrated: ‘…they are living, in the presence of their Lord, and are granted gifts from Him…’ (3:170).
- The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) said that Hadhrat Hussein and Hassan (may Allah be pleased with them both) will be the leaders of young men in Paradise and prayed for them in these words: ‘O Allah, I love them, You too love them.’ One who acquired such a high status will certainly be the inheritor of lofty stations in Paradise and his murderers will receive God’s severe chastisement.
Once during the time of his Khilafat Hadhrat Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him) was going somewhere when he saw Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) playing. He picked him up and said, ‘he was very dear to my master, the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him). That is why I am also expressing love to him.’ –
I will give a short summary about this tragic event without going into too many details. When Hadhrat Ali(ra) became the Khalifa, Amir Muawiya (ra) challenged his caliphate and believed that those who killed Hadhrat Usman(ra) should be dealt with before the topic of khilafat. This situation lead to many battles. Eventually peace was established between the two parties, but a group was formed known as the Khawarij. They ended up turning against Hadhrat Ali(ra) and an assassin killed him. After this, the caliphate was a political leadership rather than one on the precepts of prophethood.
Many of those who supported Hadhrat Ali(ra), turned to Imam Hassan(ra) after he had passed away and Imam Hassan(ra) formed a peace treaty with Muawiya(ra) because he was a righteous person and a companion. This fulfilled the prophecy of the Prophet (sa) that this leader son of mine will cause peace between two groups.
- When Hadhrat Ali(ra) passed away, Imam Hassan(ra) knew that the spiritual caliphate had ended. Hadhrat Imam Hassan(ra) spent the rest of his life promoting peace and towards unity of the Muslims. (Malfuzat, volume 2, Pages 125-126). The peace lasted twenty years. Once Muawiya(ra) passed away, his son took the seat to the political caliphate.
Yazid was a violent man who was also an alcoholic. Yazid had governors in Basra, Medina and Kufa and told them to accept the baiat on his name from the general population. They were told to get the baiat of Imam Hussain (ra) in specific but he stayed away from this because he was pious and would never accept a false leader. Many living in Kufa found out about these events and wrote their letters of support to Imam Hussain(ra) as they wanted him to be the leader. Over 70,000 letters were sent in support of him. Imam Hussain(ra) sent Muslim bin Aqil(ra) to see the situation. When he went to Kufa, he received a warm welcome and many did baiat and supported him.
At this time, the governor of Kufa was a pious companion by the name of Moman bin Bashir (ra). When Yazid heard of all of this, he dismissed him and appointed Ubaidullah bn Ziyad and told him to get the baiat of all of the Muslims, including Imam Hussain(ra). He also said to kill those who refuse. Now thousands who claimed they would support Imam Hussain(ra) and were with Muslim bin Aqil(ra) betrayed him and left him with no support. He was killed and his supporters were also killed. Till now Imam Hussain (ra) was still unaware of what was happening and began his journey. His journey started the same day Muslim bin Aqil passed away.
- Imam Hussain(ra) departed with his wife and children and some other devoted Muslims. It was a journey of thirteen days and when they reached a place called al Thalabiyya, they learned about the death of Muslim bin Aqil(ra). Many wonder why Imam Hussain(ra) continued to go on this journey despite knowing of the danger. Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the Promised Messiahas, writes “Imam Hussainra would pray for the victory [of Islam]. One night, he saw the Holy Prophetsa in a dream, who said to him, ‘Martyrdom is your destiny. If you will not endure your fate with patience, then your name will be struck from the record of those who are piously devoted to God.” (Malfuzat, Vol. 3, pp. 388-389)
- On the way, they were met with al Hurr bin Yazid Tamimi, the captain of the Kufa Police, who was sent by Ubaidullah bin Ziyad. He had an army of a thousand soldiers and their task was to stop the caravan of Imam Hussain (ra) from reaching Kufa. Imam Hussain(ra) was extremely brave and told them that I only came when the 70,000 letters came to me which said come to us for we have no Imam. God may unite us in guidance through you. He(ra) also told them that he is a part of ahlul bait. Al Hurr came with orders and led them away from Kufa (where they needed to go) into Karbala. It was the 2nd of Muharram when they arrived.
The situation only worsened. Four thousand men came with Amr Bin Sa’d after Imam Hussain(ra), who gave them three proposals. The first was to let him go the way he came so he can remain in prayer in Mecca. Secondly, to let him move to any border so he may be martyred while fighting and thirdly to leave his way and let him visit Yazid and convince him that his caliphate is wrong and he has no right to it.
Amr bin Sa’d was happy and wrote to Ibn Ziyad that peace was possible. Ibn Ziyad was pleased as well. However, a person named Shimr opposed the proposal and encouraged the governor to declare war. Then Imam Hussain (ra) was told to surrender and take the oath of Yazid at the hand of Ibn Ziyad. This was the fourth of Muharram.
On the 7th of Muharram, the caravan lost its access to water and this made everything worst. Imam Hussain(ra) continued to call for peace but no one was ready to listen. Ibn Ziyad was worried that Amr would listen and let Imam Hussain(ra) escape. For this reason, he told Amr that it was his duty to arrest Imam Hussain(ra) and that if he was unable to he should have brought his head to him (behead him).
- On the ninth day of Muharram, Amr got ready for war and went after Imam Hussain(ra). He read the instructions from Ibn Ziyad and Imam Hussain(ra) asked that he may have one night. The night between the night and tenth of Muharram was spent in prayers and preparations. On the 10th of Muharram, the battle began. It was 70 devoted members of the family of the Prophet (sa) against 5000 strong soldiers.
Imam Hussain(ra) told the opponents that he responded to their call and came to them but they went against him. He said that if you want to help me now, you should not kill me and should leave me alone so that I can return to Mecca or Medina and pray. We should let Allah Judge in this world as to who was right and who was wrong.
No solider paid heed except al Hurr who saw his error and begged for forgiveness. He was forgiven and supported imam Hussain(ra) and ended up dying. (Tabari). As the battle began, in the early stages, an arrow was drawn and the battle was over. A six month old child was also murdered and the head of Imam Hussain(ra) while his body was trampled over by horses.
Prior to martyrdom of Imam Hussain(ra) was heard saying; ‘By God, after me you will not murder anyone from among people of God on whose murder God will be angrier at you than my murder. By God, I hope that God will humiliate you and thus bless me. He will take my revenge in a way that will astonish you. By God, if you murder me, God will create a warring situation among you and your blood will be spilled. God will not suffice at this, so much so that a great punishment will be increased manifold for you’.
- The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) writes that people were unanimous on the bai’at of Yazid, the impure, but Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) did not accept him. Yet his effort was to have conciliation and he had sent most of his associates back and only a few remained with him. He told the representatives of Yazid that he did not want war and asked to be allowed to go to the border so that he could be martyred in the cause of Islam or asked to be taken to Yazid so that he could make him understand. However, war was imposed on him which he faced valiantly. He only had 70 odd people against a large army and they gave their lives for the right cause. God has His own ways of reckoning and vengeance. Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) had said that God will take revenge. Yazid had temporary success but who is known in good terms today? Which Muslim names his child after Yazid? Rather, he is remembered by the term the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) used for him: Yazid, the impure. Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) did not wish for governance, he only wanted truth to prevail.
- Hadhrat Musleh Maud (may Allah be pleased with him) wrote that the principle which Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) stood for was that the people of a country, a community have the right of electing/choosing seat of Khilafat. A son cannot give this right to his father. He said this principle is as sacred today as it was before and Hadhrat Hussein’s (may Allah be pleased with him) martyrdom has made this even more prominent. After Yazid’s death, his son Muawiyah, named after his grandfather, took bai’at from people but then went to his house and did not emerge for 40 days. When he re-emerged, he announced that although he had taken bai’at on his hand, he did not consider himself worthy of it and had only done so to avoid divisions. He said if anyone was deserving of leadership, he would give it to them but he did not see anyone worthy of it. He said he too was not worthy of it as was not his father or his grandfather. He said his father was much less in station than Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) and his grandfather lesser than Hadhrat Ali (may Allah be pleased with him). For this reason, he said, he resigned from leadership and it was up to the people whose bai’at they wished to take. His mother who was listening to this in Purdah was extremely angry at him but Muawiyah said he had spoken the truth. He went home and did not come out again and died.
- The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) wrote that Messiah/Jesus (on whom be peace) has been likened to Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) . This means that the Messiah to come will also partake of this metaphor. But the time of second Messiah will InshaAllah not repeat the matters which weakened Islam. Yet, we should always pray that there is no slip-up in our faith. One aspect that God will not repeat is regarding Khilafat, which will now be constant. This was foretold by the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) also explained it that some matters will not be repeated. He said that the first Messiah was put on the Cross by the Jews whereas he will be breaking the Cross. Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) was martyred by Yazid whereas through the people of the second Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him), the throngs of Yazid will be defeated.
- Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad(aba) said the month of Muharram teaches us to always send blessings and salutations (Durud) on the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and his family and bring about pure changes in ourselves to play our role. We should display steadfastness in front of people with Yazid-like nature and be resolute. Only the Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) -like will be successful. God has commanded prayer and patience. Patience does not only signify enduring cruelty but also entails doing pious works with resolve. To express the truth without any fear is also patience. We should always abide by the model of Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) to partake of a measure of the triumph that is destined with the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace). Hudhur said Durud is most significant, ahadith draw our attention to it, the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) drew our attention to it and most significantly, the Holy Qur’an draws our attention to it. We should concentrate on it especially during this month. Hadhrat Khalifatul Masih IV (may Allah have mercy on him) once initiated this and today Hudhur echoed it. Hudhur said invoking Durud was the most excellent way of expressing one’s sentiments about Karbala. It is a very good way of expressing love for the beloved of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him). Hudhur prayed that may God enable us to especially say the Durud these days and may it also be a source of personal and communal blessings for us.
- Hadhrat Mirza Masroor Ahmad(aba) read an extract from the writings of the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) regarding which he said every Ahmadi should have it in his/her view. The Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) said that it should be very clear that anyone who says that God forbid Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) did not take bai’at of the Khalifa and was rebellious is a great liar. He said that it is our belief that Yazid was an impure person who did not fulfil what a true believer signifies. Love of world had blinded him whereas Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him) was pure and among those chosen people whom God purifies Himself. He was among those who are of Paradise. His devotion to God is a model for us. Destroyed is the heart who is his enemy and successful is the heart that demonstrates his love by practice. It is extreme lack of faith to deride Hadhrat Hussein (may Allah be pleased with him), one who does this, wastes his faith.
Mut’ah – Against Islam: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq6BjkThEuW/
I was really shocked at the responses given by Shia Muslims recently on twitter, justifying the false belief of Mut’ah (temporary marriage). In fact, the colors of many Shias came out as they were mocking Hadhrat Umar (ra). Many Shias always claim that they want unity, but then they end up mocking those who are most beloved to the Muslims. If they want unity, they should begin by stopping such mockery and cursing the sahaba. Most of the stories the attribute to the sahaba are based on pure fabrication and are only repeated out of hatred and not being able to prove their beliefs from the Qur’an. Personally, I am not the enemy of any Shia or Sunni, but as a Muslim it is my duty to speak for the truth. Firstly, many Shias continue to quote chapter 4 verse 24 to support the concept of mutah. This verse has nothing to do with mutah. The Qur’an and the Arabic language contradict this unfounded inference. The misunderstanding about mutah arises from the failure of understanding the difference between تمتع and استمتاع
The author of Lisan al Arab quotes Zajjaj saying : “This is a verse in the interpretation of which some men have committed a great blunder, owing the their ignorance of the Arabic language. They have inferred from it the legality of mut’a, which by the consensus of opinion among Muslim theologians, has been declared to be unlawful, where as the words simply mean marriage performed in accordance with the conditions mentioned above”
Now mutah is often defined as temporary nikah. People differ on the duration for the marriage. There is no room for this in the beautiful religion of Islam. Islam put an end to such horrible traditions and taught us the beautiful concept of marriage. Many Shias are mocking Hadhrat Umar(ra) and falsely fabricating that he was the first to forbid it and was alone in his belief on this. They forget that Hadhrat Ali (ra) whom they claim to love stated:
“The Prophet prohibited the Mut’ah with women, and the meat of domestic donkeys during (the campaign of) Khaibar.” (Tirmidhi, Hadith #1121) (1)
But of course, the only excuse left would be, “we do not believe in Sunni ahadith” despite them being more authentic than the Shia narrations. Mutah is practiced by many Shias around the world. It has gained a lot of popularity recently and the Shias are speaking in favor it. Please dear Muslims, think before yous peak on such issues! Mutah is literally a man paying some money so he can have sexual relations for a limited time. It is rejected by majority of the Muslims. Some Shias even encourage it and have made it a part of their belief. I will not quote these scholars as I am ashamed to even mention what they have said.
Now the Shias claim that Mutah is even allowed in Sunni ahadith and it was Hadhrat Umar (ra) who forbid it. This is false. The Prophet Muhammad (sa) was the one who forbid it. As soon as the ruling came to the Prophet Muhammad (sa), it was forbidden. We can compare this to wine as well which was forbidden later on in the life of the Prophet (sa) rather than on the first day. Hadhrat Umar (ra) only repeated the words of the Prophet (sa). Hadhrat Ali(ra) also forbid this.
Imagine someone practices mutah and a girl is born and then a few years later, that same girl who was born wants to do mutah and its with the same man? No Shia can answer this.
Hadhrat Mirza Bashiruddin Mahmood Ahmad (ra), the second Khalifa of Ahmadiyyat and one of the greatest scholars of all time for Islam states: “In the time of the Prophet Muhammad (sa), there was the custom (of mutah). Until the shariat did not have any ruling on this, the Prophet (saw) did not forbid it. In the end, the Prophet (sa), based on the command of Allah, made this haram. It being prohibited is mentioned in the ahadith” (Fatawa Hadhrat Musleh Maud volume 2)
He (ra) also stated:
“In the same way, in the beginning, Hadhrat Muhammad (sa) gave the permission for muta, but later he forbid it” (Khutbat-e-Mahmood, Volume 5)
There are many things which were not forbidden but soon Allah had given the Prophet Muhammad (sa) the ruling to forbid it. Such a nikah where the time of the divorce is set is against Islam and now allowed. Mutah is as haram as pork or alcohol. Islam has given the best system of marriage and has saved the world from such concepts.
Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (rh) was asked about Mutah. He beautifully replied:
“You see the point is, how will you differentiate between fornication and this mutah marriage. First lets understand the conditions, what is mutah? They say mutah is a temporary contract of marriage, whereby the time is fixed and you pay something by way of alimony. And according to the fixed time, the marriage automatically cancelled. If this is the meaning, then when people go to the red light area, and fix their price for a certain time, what on earth is the difference between the two? Only what they need is now to employ some maulvis. You see. That’s all. To make it Muslim, that’s the only thing you need. So the very sense of it is so absurd, that unless they prove to us, that there is any decency in this contact, we can’t believe it to have been the sunnah, Nauzo billah min dhalik, of Rasulullah (sa). Can they quote a single example, where Rasulullah (sa) contracted such a marriage? They don’t.”
They allege that Hadhrat Ali did, which we do not believe. And the rest is only their own misinterpretation of the Qur’an and all this in fact started, at a time when Shiaism was largely controlled by the people in far areas, like Sabah, what was his name? Hassan bin Sabah and people like him. They destroyed the Islamic teachings to such a degree, that even they started creating a heaven on earth, gardens where hoor were available and so on. So all of this shows the working of a diseased mind and from then on it was acquired by the Shiaites of later ages without any questioning much about the authenticity of these beliefs. As I said, you better ask them about the boundaries of mutah. How short that can be and how long. And the authority of the Qur’an of these boundaries. There used to be some Iranian girls standing in the street with a maulvi this time and the people who visited Iran, they told me themselves, the mullah would say come on have a short nikah. They paid for that, and the nikah was performed and exactly after three hours the nikah was over. Is that not mutah? Draw a line between this and other things.” (https://www.alislam.org/v/717.html)
“Again lets return to the question of limit of four. If there is a limit of four wives, and there’s limitless opportunity for you to marry for a short while, then you can have a hundred marriages in a matter of a few years with good riddance. Pay a little and get rid of the wife. No problem, no maintenance, no expenditure, if a child is born, you’re not responsible. Maybe it is born of somebody others mutah. You know that sort of thing. Is this Islam? This would become the worst religion in the whole world.” (https://www.alislam.org/v/717.html)
“Again this mutah conceives a situation where it is only men who are roaming about and employ some sort of girls who are always available for mutah. But if they are not committing a sin, then it is obvious that every Muslim lady is also permitted to do mutah. Otherwise, if every Muslim lady, girl, who is not married is not permitted to do mutah, then anybody who does mutah, the person with whom he does mutah would be stoned to death according to some ulama or be lashed 100 times. So when openly she can do that, that means you are also encouraging your girls everywhere and in every family to utilize this. Where would be the order left. And if a child is born, what would you call him? You see this is the most horrid thing that can happen to any religion. This mutah has implications so wide and so horrible. Its unthinkable how these people, you know, prepare themselves to accept this as a noble injunction from Allah. Why don’t you ask them what will happen to those girls with whom you do mutah? Will you stone them? Will you lash them? They will say no. So why if your own daughter does it, why not? Then the bitterness of this will come to their mind, not otherwise.” (https://www.alislam.org/v/717.html)
“If they look to it as a legal marriage and not a sort of debauchery, then they should permit their own girls to contact these legal marriages with every boy they meet. Why not? They go to a school or college and have a legal short marriage for 2-3 hours with any boy, and the next day with another boy, what is the harm in that then? It should be a legal marriage?” (https://www.alislam.org/v/717.html)
“If somebody goes out for a long time, why must he do mutah? Why not a regular marriage? So if he can do mutah, then for how long? That is the point I am raising. If he can do mutah for three hours, where is the big objection against that? From which verse of the Qur’an or hadith you have drawn your authority which creates limits as well? So without limits, you cannot understand any law. So a law must be fully defined. So when you speak of two years separation from wives or homes, that is a situation which is just imaginary. You seek permission from two years and indulge in a few moments of pleasure seeking. Then the question would arise that why must be a traveler? Why not at home? When somebody, is not married at home, why can’t he have a contract with anybody at home? This is not like salatul Qasr you know. It has nothing to do with that. Try to understand it in all of its limits, in the whole area of its application. Then you will come to realize that it is absolutely without foundation. It’s impossible. But when some soldiers go out for long periods, if they are permitted to marry, shortly or in long term, that is the question. Then is it allowed for one soldier only or for all the army. If it is for the whole of the army, how many wives will be required in the cities. So the busiest busy there would be of the mullahs. It’s stupid. Meaningless.” (https://www.alislam.org/v/717.html) (7)
Was Hadhrat Ali (ra) born in the Kaba? : https://www.instagram.com/p/BuuRaUBlzYL/
Hadhrat Ali (ra) is called Maulood-e-Kaba, meaning he was born in the Kaba
This is not true at all. Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (rh) stated:
“I do not know of this. Where did you read this?
The person responded:
“The Shias emphasize on this”
Hadhur (rh) replied:
” Where was Hadhrat Muhammad (sa) born according to them?”
The person responded:
“That was a general birth in his house”
Hadhur (rh) replied:
“So is Ali (ra) greater then? This is foolish.”
Hadhur (rh) then explained that the Shias often make up such stories. Ask them for a reference and the reason for such. Then they will never make up such stories. Ask for the reference, chain and then ask them the purpose.
Ahmadi Viewpoint of Ashura: https://www.instagram.com/p/B14oroHFAru/
How do Ahmadis celebrate Ashura?
Hadhrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (rh) explained that as for celebrating Ashurah, it is a non Islamic tradition which has no foundation from Qur’an nor from ahadith nor from the Prophet Muhammad (sa) character nor his sahaba. Hadhrat Ali (ra) progeny did not celebrate Ashurah, those who faced this. They did not know this is how you celebrate it so how did the later Shias know the true way of celebrating it? And there was not only one accident. There are countless which happened. With Hadhrat Isa(as) a painful incident took place. And even before that, there have been many strict wrongdoers. In the time of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) himself, the Prophet (sa) was made a target of persecution. From whom his progeny gains its status, we should leave them and raise their (his family) pain more? Hadhrat Hamza (ra) way of martyrdom and other sahaba who were martyred and killed in very painful ways, dragged on streets. This was the topic of Karbala which began from the time of the Prophet (sa) and a branch of this is inner wrongdoing. Who celebrated Ashurah for such events? The Prophet (sa) teeth were martyred and he was in a situation where people announced his death. After that, no one cried and hit themselves. What greater Karbala can happen that our prophet (sa) was persecuted? Another example is Taif which makes us cry when listening. It’s sad that the Prophet (sa) went through such hardships yet no one remembers that and no one emphasizes it but for Hadhrat Imam Hussain (ra) which is also painful, but if such behavior and actions were allowed in response to persecution, then the sahaba would have done it as well for other events and this event. The Prophet (sa) own progeny whom they hit themselves dealt with such events with patience so we spend these days with more durood and prayers for the family of the Prophet Muhammad (sa) and praying for our elders and this is the true sunnah. Other than this, it is all stories. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8dxpM6h8L8
Sign for Shias: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4cwCfvlnLL/
As we know, Hadhrat Ahmad (as) fulfilled the authentic ahadith in both Sunni literature and Shia literature. One Shia narration says:
يملك القائم تسع عشرة سنة و أشهرا
According to Al-Nu’mani’s “Al-Ghaybah”, the Mahdi’s reign will be 19 years and a few months.
The Mahdi founded the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama’at on 23.3.1889; he passed away on 26.5.1908.
19 years, 2 months and 3 days. Hijri calender:
Jama’at founded: 21.7.1306
19 years, 9 months and 4 days.